The FH-2 is an 8HP Eurorack module combining the following functions:
MIDI to CV conversion including polyphonic and MPE operation.
- The FH-2 is simultaneously a USB MIDI host, a USB MIDI device, and also supports traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI.
- Support for drum triggers including triggers with velocity or accents.
- Support for automatic VCO calibration (similar to that in Silent Way).
Clock generation and synchronisation.
- MIDI clock (in and out), analogue clock (in and out), or internal clock (BPM or tap tempo).
- LFO generation, including tempo-synced LFOs.
- Euclidean pattern generators.
The module can be completely configured via its own UI, but a convenient web-based configuration tool is also available here, which communicates with the module directly via MIDI SysEx.
With a MIDI keyboard
Up to 16 note polyphonic conversion, with optional pitch/gate/velocity etc. CVs per note. Also features arpeggiation, keyboard splits and more.
With an MPE controller
Up to 16 simultaneous touches converted with full position/pressure/glide etc. per touch.
With a MIDI controller
Up to 64 outputs. Direct control of CVs from faders, flexible and syncable LFOs, triggers from pads etc.
With a 'groovebox'
Multiple clock outs at different divisions, run/stop triggers etc. Groovebox, FH-2, or another module can be the clock master.
With a computer/tablet/phone
All of the above, plus SysEx for configuration of the FH-2.
As a clock generator
The FH-2 can operate as the clocking centre of your modular, also generating (syncable) LFOs, with no USB connection.
|The FH-2 was reviewed by c't magazine (musik kreativ special 2018).
"Nahezu konkurrenzlos ... Die Möglichkeiten sind immens" ("Almost unrivaled at present ... The possibilities are immense" via Google Translate)
The FH-2's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 48mm
- Current draw: 118mA on the +12V rail, 48mA on the -12V railplus
- the power requirement of any attached USB device. See the
- for information on calculating the current draw on the +12V rail from the USB device.
- Outputs: 8
- Digital-to-analogue conversion: 14 bit
- Voltage range: software selectable between ±5V, 0-10V
- Inputs: 2 CV inputs
- USB host:
- Type A connector
- Class Compliant USB MIDI host.
- Class Compliant USB HID host (for mice, gamepads etc.).
- Supports USB hubs.
- USB device:
- Type C connector
- Class Compliant USB MIDI device (plug'n'play with macOS, Windows, Linux and iOS).
- Controls: 1 rotary encoder (with push button), 1 push button
- 0.91" OLED display
For more detail, please see the user manual.