Cascadia Advanced, Performance-Oriented, Semi-Modular Synthesizer
Your sonic playground includes all the extras
- Cascadia semi-modular synthesizer.
- 101 patch points, 34 sliders, 16 knobs, 28 switches, 5 push buttons, and 36 leds.
- 14 Patch cables — 4×10cm, 4×15cm, 4×30cm, 2×45cm.
- USB-C to A cable.
- International AC Adaptor.
- Intellijel cable tie.
A massive semi-modular system in a small case with the footprint of a laptop. Cascadia has MIDI in/out/thru/USB, Eurorack compatible signal levels and pro-level audio I/O to interface with the rest of your studio or get your studio started. Check it out—
Modern Analog Architecture
Cascadia is packed with a mix of classic East and West Coast synthesizer blocks. Normalized connections let you get straight to the sounds inside. Or, let your imagination run wild and patch any of the modules together however you choose. Make small tweaks to the architecture, or re-route the entire synth to your liking—the choice is yours!
Two Precision Analog VCOs
- VCO A is Thru-zero FM-ready with a dedicated Index VCA, Sub Oscillator, PWM and Soft/hard sync.
- VCO B is a combo VCO/LFO with 4 simultaneous outputs
Six Channel Waveform Mixer
- Two patchable (normalled) inputs
- Noise generator with multiple algorithms.
- Optional asymmetric soft clipping on the mix output.
Liquid-Sounding, Cascaded 4-Pole Multimode Filter
- Eight Modes: LP1, LP2, LP4, BP2, BP4, HP4, NT2, Phazor.
- Additional dedicated outputs for LP4 and HP4.
- Input Level Knob for fine control of filter input and resonance balance and added drive.
- Multiple FM inputs and a QM input, all with attenuators.
- West Coast-style parallel wavefolder.
- Normalled into the auxiliary input on the VCA in parallel with the filter.
Dual Digital Envelopes
- ENV A is a versatile east coast style ADSR / AHDSR envelope generator with a hold function and dynamic level/time control. Normalled to the VCA to instantly shape your sound.
- ENV B is a complex, multimode function generator with a West Coast style AR/ASR/Cycling AR, a beat syncable LFO, and Burst generator modes. Normalled to the filter for instant FM without patching.
VCA A and Output Path
- VCA A is a linear VCA with auxiliary input.
- Global Output Mixer with overdrive circuit and bypassable asymmetric soft clipping.
Expansive Utilities Sections
Cascadia also features a whole host of utilities for getting the most out of your patches.
The Utility Row
- Sample and hold circuit with white noise normalled to the input.
- Slew/Envelope follower.
- Attenuverter/Mixer with multiple outputs.
- Triple triangle LFO with rate control, rate input and divided outputs.
- Triple buffered multiple.
- Precision adder.
- Signal inverter.
- Bi-polar > Unity level shifter.
- Expression level control for modulation the TRS expression input on an FX pedal.
- Ring Modulator.
- VCA B / LPF (LPG) — Auxiliary VCA and 4-Pole Diode Ladder VCF combination for additional dynamics.
The Top Row
- Easy to access Pitch, Gate, and Velocity CV inputs.
- Pedal Send and Return FX loop with Wet/Dry control, phase inverter and Line/Pedal level switches.
- Output Mixer with Overdrive.
- Eurorack Level Main output with level control for interfacing with other modular gear.
The Outside world — MIDI, Pedal and Audio I/O
Cascadia is equipped with a ton of I/O to get it connected to the rest of your gear.
- ¼” Stereo Headphone jack.
- ¼” Balanced Output Jack.
- ¼” Balanced Input routed to a slider and output on the main panel for patching anywhere into Cascadia.
- ¼” TS Pedal FX Send Return and ¼” TRS Expression Out.
- MIDI DIN In/Out/Thru and USB-MIDI all routed to the MIDI > CV Interface on the top panel.
MIDI > CV Interface
Deeper MIDI configuration is available with our Intelljel Config App (link below).
- MIDI Pitch / Velocity Outputs and Learn Button
- MIDI Gate / Trig Outputs
- MIDI CC / Mod — Learnable and assignable to any CC on any Channel
- MIDI LFO — Multimode LFO synced with MIDI or Tap Clock
- MIDI CLK — Dividable MIDI clock with alternate Tap Clock functionality.
Cascadia comes ready to play.
The normalization behind the panel allows for a ton of exploration without ever adding a patch cable; there is years of material to explore in Cascadia and years more when you start patching. We’ve included everything you need to get started: 14 assorted patch cables, USB-A to USB-C cable, and an international power supply.
We have additional options for swapping the wooden cheeks for metal side cheeks or a rackmount kit with a storage tray—great for an effects pedal or patch cables.