The all in one beat maker
The Digitakt is an eight channel sampler widely considered to be Elektron’s best box for fluid creation and freewheeling performance. As such, it’s one of Animato’s top recommendations to those who are looking to make songs or perform live using only a single instrument. Beyond its eight sampler channels, it also has eight channels dedicated to MIDI sequencing, meaning it could also sequence a whole studio of synths.
A crisp OLED displays the waveform of samples, allowing loop start and end points to be set easily. The Digitakt excels at dramatically morphing a familiar sound source into unrecognizable, alien tones. The ability to quickly save a pattern or revert back to earlier saved settings are invaluable features for live improvisation and wild buildups, or for experimenting towards the goal of finishing a song. Elektron’s signature parameter locks and trig conditions – which respectively allow for different actions to occur on every step and for probability-based likelihoods of a certain action taking place – are extremely useful tools for turning static loops into lively, evolving sequences.
Eight voice digital drum computer & sampler
Alive and kicking
Digitakt is a new compact sampling drum machine from Elektron. It contains all the necessary tools to make people move to the beat. A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capability, a live-friendly sequencer, dedicated tracks for controlling external MIDI gear, and Overbridge support.
Drum machines are something of an Elektron speciality. With the Digitakt we show why.
Digitakt is made for heavy use. It features all new hi res encoders and extremely durable back-lit buttons (rated for 50 million presses). The ultra crisp OLED screen perfectly renders the clear and streamlined user interface.
- 8 internal audio tracks
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
- 1 × Multi-mode filter per audio track
- 1 × Overdrive effect per audio track
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track
- Delay and Reverb send FX
- Sampling capability
- 64 MB sample memory
- 1 GB +Drive storage
- 1 × Headphones output
- 2 × ¼” balanced main output
- 2 × ¼” input
- 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN sync out
- Overbridge enabled
- Dimensions: W215×D176×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5″) (including knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs)
- Power Supply PSU-3b
- Elektron USB cable
- Quick Guide manual
Overbridge for Digitakt
Overbridge for Digitakt will be free of charge, and become available in February 2018. Read more on Elektronauts.
Digitakt provides a compact drum machine solution for a computer based rig. It makes beat making a tactile and rewarding experience. It can also double as a sound card, making it perfect for the nimble studio.
- Fully integrate Digitakt with DAW environments
- Control Digitakt with a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface
- Use Digitakt as a 2 in/2 out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM)
- Stream the eight internal tracks, external inputs, and main bus to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz)
- Recall all Digitakt settings when loading a DAW project
- Sample management functionality
Digitakt comes pre-loaded with heaps of great electronic and acoustic sounds. Drums, percussion, synths, and FX are all part of the sound palette. The sample collection allows you to start creating, experimenting and producing right away.
Also included is an assortment of absolutely stellar acoustic drum kit samples, meticulously sampled by the renowned drum sample company That Sound.
- 5 acoustic drum kits — 4 of which by That Sound
- 23 electronic drum kits
- 42 synth one shots
- 44 synth stabs and pads
- 83 single cycle oscillators and noise loops