- Six Channel Performance Mixer
- Three Band EQ per channel inspired in classical DJ mixers
- Vactrol based mutes with momentary action.
- Pan and Volume control
- VCA Expander connection to plug every channel of an Hexmix VCA directly.
- Selectable Line or Modular output level.
- Current needs: +12V: 106mA, -12V: 88mA
- Width: 28 HP
- Depth: 28 mm (including power connector)
- Alluminium, heat-treated front panel.
- Designed, kits prepared and completed modules assembled in Barcelona.
The mixer has a strong inspiration in classical DJ mixers, providing sharp EQ’s for enhanced performance, auxilliar send for effects and individual outputs to record your performance per channel.
The system is designed to be placed in 6U, instead of the traditional 3U paradigm in Eurorack. So we will have every feature for each channel vertically as a conventional tabletop mixing deck.
Six channel mixer with three band EQ, vactrol mutes, pan and volume control per channel.
Inputs for every channel are located at left side of Hexmix. Each jack is normalized to a VCA Expander connection in the back, so if you have a Hexmix VCA , you will have the output of each VCA to every input. connecting a jack in any input will disconnect whatever is coming from VCA.
Gain is set to unity, so it will act as an attenuator of the input signal. Mutes are clickless, as they are vactrol based. This circuit provide some decay on the mutes, rather than a sharp cut.
Swithces have latch position and momentary ones to unmute the channel, providing some really nice performative capabilities.
EQs are quite sharp (12dB) inspired in classic dj mixers to aggresively cut selected frequencies.
Master section has it’s own EQ and volume control for the mix of all channels. Master EQ is softer than individual channel’s (6dB) and it’s meant to provide control over the final mix.
It’s possible to change output level from line to synth with a switch located in the back.
This will be pretty useful when used in combination with hexpander, that provides a balanced out at line level. Like this its possible to have a mix at synth level to re-route the master signal while having an output to PA