Shape, Color, Pump, And Squash
Jellysquasher is an analog mono compressor and tone shaper made to dynamically fit within the eurorack world.
- Three carefully designed analog circuits to impose specific character on the output signal:
- TUBE adds non-linear distortion providing second order harmonics
- TAPE adds symmetrical distortion providing both even and odd harmonics
- XFRM modifies the transformer feedback circuit, giving a boost to low bass content
- All three COLOR circuits can be engaged in any combination to react differently based on the input DRIVE level and MAKEUP GAIN.
- 100% analog signal path and SIDECHAIN feedforward compressor with unique log-based RMS detector.
- Output routed through a specially selected Edcor transformer with highly desirable saturation qualities.
- SIDECHAIN is routed through a voltage controllable SVF filter with LP, BP and HP modes. A trimmer on the PCB allows you to adjust Q. This filter can be used independently of the rest of the module.
- External SIDECHAIN input allows triggering of the compressor with external sources.
- LINK IN/OUT allows two Jellysquashers to be chained together for stereo operation.
- Full CV control of SIDECHAIN, VCF Cutoff, THRESHOLD, RATIO, ATTACK time, RELEASE time, and MAKEUP GAIN.
- Wet/Dry MIX control allows for “New York” style compression where there is a blend of the dry and compressed output signal.
- LED bar graph with selectable display modes to view the signal level in VU or the gain reduction in dB.
Max input: +17dBv
Input impedance: 68k ohms
Output impedance: 100 ohms
Frequency response: 5Hz to 30KHz
Range of gain reduction: over 50dB
Threshold: -40dBv to +17dBv
Ratio: 1.3:1 to infinity
Attack: 200us to 200ms
Release: 50ms to 5sec
Makeup gain: 48dB