WHO SAID YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH VCAS?
Veils provides four VCAs with an adjustable response curve and offset control.
Veils’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels to be mixed together.
The cornerstones of modular patches
VCAs are absolutely essential in a modular system, for example for:
- Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope.
- Animating a mixture of several oscillators.
- Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
- Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator.
An updated classic
- More compact footprint (10-HP), with sliders instead of knobs for the main gain/CV control.
- Gain indicator LED.
- Positive offset control (0 to 8V) for direct use of bipolar modulation sources.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.
- Offset control adding an adjustable voltage from 0 to 8V to the gain CV.